Friday, November 24, 2006

Interesting day today...

Wow...have I had quite the response to my blog!!! Much appreciated!! A little thing happened to me today that I wanted to share...

I got a phone call today regarding an online form I filled out looking for more information on this home based business.

The beginning of the conversation started off with this guy telling me that they are a "billion dollar industry" (which i've heard many a times before) there's nothing like them out there and they are offering their pkgs at a low low cost (just for today of coarse) At this point I really didn' t get to hear what their company was even....just that it was a huge money maker and for a low low price of $149 it would be mine for the making and if I didn't make money in the next 90days I would get a full refund. Of coarse that doesn't sound bad, but like in my last blog...I have to be very choosey where I'm spending my money. So he asks me "do you have $149 set aside to purchase your ticket to your future".....I said "well to be honest...i've dished out $1000 so far and right now isn't a good time because of christmas...we have 5 kids ....etc"...so he says "well I have an audio that I would like you to take a listen to, don't hang up because I'll be coming back to talk to you, I really want to discuss things with you, promise me you won't hang up"...well I thought this was hillarious. I said "why do you get hung up on alot???"....he said "well sometimes, but thas b/c people don't want to say no and are scared at learning what they might be missing out on.

So I listen to this long drawn out audio that i have heard a million times before ~ same old thing "This is the best company out there...its a billion dollar industry.....you'll be making a six figure income" Not that I think its a crock of shit, but that really does get redundant and I feel these companies lose their credibility. But maybe I'm just in a mood today that didn't care to listen to this.

Anyways, this guy comes back on the phone and says "so what did you think??"...I said "well it sounds great........pause......just like all the other ones I've read/heard etc". This is when he realizes I'm not a hook line and sinker sale. So he goes off on explaining more about how i get a really nice website...blah blah blah...they pay the hosting fee for the first year ...blah blah blah...BUT...i still have to dish out money for advertising lada lada....and that these prices are for TODAY only...he explaines each pkg Silver, Gold and Platinum. So I said "i'm not saying no, i just really have to talk to my husband about it first"...so he asks when does he get home ..i told him...well this wasn't going to fly because he HAD to SELL to me TODAY. I'm getting a little pissed off at this point, and I'm challenging everything he said.....I even asked him to be honest and to tell me what he makes/ how long it took him to get there etc. (little does he know that I'm asking these questions because i actually may be interested at some point...and i really want to know from a real human what kind of money they make and how long it took to get them there) He couldn't give me a straight answer....this is when I realized he works in a call center and his job is just to sell these pkgs so all he's worried about is getting his commision. So I said, I understand you want to make your sale...i use to be a telemarketer...i know the strategies etc. He says "these arn't strategies, its reality"....RUDE!!! He goes on to say how i promised him that I had the money to buy a pkg before he let me listen to the audio. I said "i make no promises, but i'll listen"....

So he's still trying to sell me even though i said i needed to talk to my husband first. I said ...look its my husbands credit card and he has it with him..so either way you have to wait. He paused, and says "oh..you don't have a credit card in your name"...I said no, we have one credit card and its in his name. So he paused for a min then says "but you have a pay pal account right?"....GRRRRRRR WILL HE NEVER GIVE UP!!! So AGAIN I said yes but it all comes from the same hole, I still want to talk to him about it. So he goes on to say I won't be able to take advantage of the super low prices...lada lada lada...so he says that he'll do something that he's really not allowed to (ya right!!!...i've used that strategy before too..)but he was going to give me the silver pkg for $99 instead of $149. I started laughing and said "you don't give up do you??".....he said "no, I just want to make sure you get in on this billion dollar industry, I dont' want you missing out"...i said "how much do you get for commision for this sale??"...he said "whoa!!! I can tell you that"....and i said "well thats too bad, but you know what? you're not getting the sale today"....he said "good luck with your future" and hung up on me!!! He may...MAY have had me if he gave me time. Even if he said that he understood and gave me the option to call back when I'M ready. Because if this company is such a GREAT company, they'll still be around after Christmas. If they're not....well then I just saved myself from getting involved in another scam!! He is an example of a bad sales person, a bad customer service person and just an overall bad person for business.

Anywho....just had to vent about that!!! Too bad for him though....he needs some more training in Sales and Customer service!!

Also, I just wanted to thank the awsome feedback I've been getting. I've come across some really great information that I will be looking into deeper...and will be posting some for all you good people to see:)

keep it coming!!!

Ciao!!
Jennifer

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HaHa, I got a call from the same company, offer for 149...and I told them i dont have that kind of money, and they offered it at 99 and it sounds pretty good, but i told them i would not have money until after the holidays. I got the guys name and his direct extension and his hours of operations to call back in Jan...I'm thinking of doing, their deal didn't sound bad.

I was referred to your blog from someone I met on link referral. You're going through the same things that I have been going through for the past few years. Thus has inspired me to create my own website, similar to your blog dedicated to helping moms make money online. It will be a free information site, but in conjunction with affiliate marketing and Google Ad Sense which really works. So perhaps I will get with you later and we can link up. We have had a lot of the same experiences. Good luck with your ventures.

hopechest said...

Hi Sunventuresllc!

Thanks for your comment! I agree, it didn't sound like a bad deal, just not a good time for me and the poor guy just wouldn't get it!! I do hope you bookmarked my page to keep up to date with all the new helpfull sites I've come across. I would love to see your site too!

Thanks again for your comment!!